Organization Category :
Academic Institution/Research Organization, Government
Visual Impairments (Low Vision), Visual Impairments (Total Vision Loss)
Career Guidance And Placement, Development Organisation, Training
Company Name :
Anna Centenary Library
Company Logo :
Year of Establishment :
Website Url :
Company Profile :
Anna Centenary Library (ACL) was established to commemorate the occasion of the 102nd birth anniversary of the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Dr. C N Annadurai popularly called ‘ANNA’. By reason of his great interest towards the books and library, this library is named as ‘Anna Centenary Library’.
ACL has a Braille Section, Own Books Reading Section, Children Section, Periodicals and Newspapers Section, Tamil books Section and English Books Sections.
The Braille section serving the visually challenged children, students, youth and elderly persons is located in the Ground Floor. It serves 1500 visually challenged members as of December 2014 and the member strength growing every day.
The services offered are,
- Braille books for study and reference materials, Tamil and English magazines, story books and others
- Audio books in Tamil and English for study and reference materials, literature, history, competitive examinations preparation for education as well as career opportunities, self interests like Novels, Stories, Poerty, Dramas and others
- Computers installed with NVDA screen reader software for usage
- Daily Newspapers for Tamil and English in accessible format sent through Googlegroups sent to 500 and more members across India
- Online Application, Study materials and Scribe assistance for visually challenged to appear for Tamilnadu and Central Public Service Commissions, Banking institutions, Staff Selection Commission Examinations
- Volunteer assistance on Weekends for learning purposes
Working Days: Through the week, except on National Holidays
Working Hours: 9 am - 8 pm